TechForce Innovations is assisting communities of businesses, knowledge institutions and public partners in financing of and market development for innovative product-service combinations. Our star project at the moment is “Wings for Aid”, which has gathered a lot of media attention in the last few years, see also: www.wingsforaid.org.
Wings for Aid is an impact-first network organization that makes state-of-the-art, yet affordable technology available to international aid organizations that act after a large earthquake, flood or other type of natural disaster. A UAV-based transportation system with the total capacity of a large airplane is made available to bridge problematic ‘last miles’ (up to ca. 250km) in humanitarian logistics. Absent or damaged infrastructure will no longer be a barrier to reach people in need. Partners in the network combine all the required knowledge and experience to achieve this goal. Wings for Aid will offer the system as a service proposition, thus putting innovation at the forefront of humanitarian logistics.
Wings for Aid service delivery model
Although Wings for Aid is setup as a foundation, it has an entrepreneurial spirit that is aimed at further development and international scale-up. There will need to be a sound drive for ‘profitability’ as a social enterprise, which leads to increased interest of both investors and potential clients. The intern will be asked to perform a market analysis for Wings for Aid to better estimate actual demand and opportunities for the new technology applications inside and outside the international humanitarian aid sector.
This market research includes the following:
- Collecting and analyzing data to estimate market size and target groups;
- Estimate added value of the new application for users and other stakeholders in the logistic chains;
- Investigate alternative market strategies;
- Analyses of business cases: expected sales, profits, cash flows, etc.
- SWOT analyses, including competitive landscape.
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Academic background – preferably in a (international) business or economic related study
- Affinity with innovative technologies
- Willingness to learn and ability to work under (time) pressure
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Good writing skills and attention to detail
What we offer:
- Internship with many challenging and dynamic aspects
- Exposure to international environment, working with different types of organizations and (business) cultures
- Support by experienced project managers and consultants
- Opportunity to contribute to interesting innovation projects
How to apply:
Please send your CV and motivation letter to: WFA@techforce.nl
For questions, please call TechForce Innovations and ask for Sasa Marinic or Jeroen Speelman at: +31 35 6229660