The Businesses of StIB
The past years the members of StIB have continuously been working on improving your education. Examples of achievements of the past years are:
- Longer opening hours for Adam Smith
- Better regulations for students with dyslexia
- The reform of provided courses based on the student evaluations.
- Cleare rules for availability of computer rooms in the U.S.E. buildings.
- The introduction of a student mentor for first year bachelor students.
Current Action Points of StIB
This is a overview of some of the actions that StIB is working on currently.
- The Activating Education Project.
How can we make tutorials and lectures more interesting for you? What makes tutorial or a lecture a good one? Together with U.S.E. and an external professional, we are discussing how lectures and tutorials can become more interesting and challenging.
- Should we have anonymous exams?
- Are some minors too hard or too easy compared to the rest of the studies?
- Is it a good idea to make everybody eligible for a retake, also if you scored higher than a 6?
- Are the different online learning environments always useful, and aren’t the licencing codes for them too expensive?
- How content are students with PhD students who also work as teaching assistants? Can the quality of their tutorials be improved?
- Did you know you can find the results of the course evaluations on BlackBoard? If you go to the uu site> information for students> practical information> quality and public participation> and then evaluation of education, you will find the link to BlackBoard where you can find the results. To make it a bit easier, you can also click on this link.
- On studyspot.uu.nl you can find available studyspots in Utrecht.