Internship: Mergers & Acquisitions and Equity Capital Markets
"Are you an ambitious Finance student, looking for a challenging internship in a dynamic international working environment? Than we are looking for YOU!"
As an intern, you will be actively involved in the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and/or Equity Capital Markets (ECM) teams, based at Rabobank's headquarters in Utrecht. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, both in the context of transaction origination and deal execution. Main tasks include:
- Assist in the preparation of client presentations, pitches and reports
- Perform in-depth analysis on companies (including their investment case, strategy, markets, products and competitors) and the wider market (market trends and dynamics, investor perspectives)
- Support financial analyses and company valuations using various methodologies
- Assist the team in the general execution process, e.g. in the preparation of information memoranda, management presentations or preparation of a prospectus
The Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Equity Capital Markets (ECM) teams are part of the investment banking activities of Rabobank. These departments offer a challenging, young, dynamic and international working environment. Rabobank has a leading market position in Dutch M&A and ECM and globally in Food & Agri. We advise public companies, large privately-owned companies, financial sponsors and governmental organizations on various types of strategically important transactions.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Rabobank’s M&A team is part of Rabobank Corporate Finance Advisory (“CFA”) and advises corporates and financial sponsors with a focus on the Dutch market and Food & Agri sector globally. With offices in 35 countries and CFA hubs in Utrecht, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore and dedicated M&A teams in Madrid, Paris, Frankfurt, Sao Paulo, Sydney and Mumbai, CFA offers full support to its clients in (cross-border) M&A transactions and independent and product neutral capital structuring advisory.
The focus of the M&A team is advising corporates and financial sponsors on domestic or cross-border transactions. The team targets transactions with an enterprise value between EUR 100 million and EUR 1 billion or transactions of strategic importance to Rabobank’s core clients. The team is instrumental in the bank’s efforts to be a leading M&A player in the Netherlands and globally in the Food & Agri sector, capable of advising on key M&A transactions for medium-sized and large corporates and financial sponsors. Rabobank M&A is consistently ranked #1 in the Dutch M&A market* and the European Food & Agri M&A segment** by number of transactions. The European M&A team is composed by the Head of M&A Europe, 6 Managing Directors, 9 (Executive) Directors and 37 junior professionals.
Equity Capital Markets
Rabobank’s ECM team is specialised in originating and executing equity capital markets transactions. The ECM-related products and services include initial public offerings (IPOs), secondary offerings (e.g. rights issues, accelerated book-build offerings), convertible bond offerings, and financial advisory. Rabobank Equity Capital Markets has a continuous strategic dialogue with the majority of listed companies in the Netherlands and Food & Agri globally as well as with potential listing candidates and financial sponsors. A selection of recent high profile transactions include the initial public offerings of a.s.r., Philips Lighting and Dong Energy, the rights issues of Credit Suisse and Delta Lloyd and the international equity raisings of Sunopta, Benchmark and TreeHouse Foods. The team consists of 12 dedicated ECM bankers.
We are looking for the best in class team members that are in the process to obtain a MSc. or BSc. degree with a strong academic background, preferably in Finance, Business, Economics, Econometrics, Engineering or Mathematics. In order to do an internship you have to be enrolled at University and be available for at least two months in 2017.
Required skills and experience:
- Distinctive academic results combined with extra-curricular successes;
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and in writing is a prerequisite;
- Fluency in at least one other European language (including Dutch) is preferred;
- Solid work ethic and high level of self-motivation;
- Strong team player
Besides the two Rabobank core competencies Collaboration and Customer Focus, you recognize yourself in the following competencies:
- Result driven
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Operational excellence
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a highly dynamic and international working environment at one of the leading financial institutions;
- Obtain relevant working experience by actively supporting both origination and execution of transactions;
- The opportunity to do an internship in the Mergers & Acquisitions or Equity Capital Markets teams, or a combined internship across these departments
- A competitive internship allowance.
If you have any questions, please contact Eelke Janssen, Corporate Recruiter, +31 6 228 63 211. Please include the title of the internship 'Internship Rabobank M&A and/or ECM' including the reference number 160002T4.
The deadline for our Summer Internship is set on January 31st. Interviews will take place in February, an online assessment is part of our selection process.
You can apply for an off-cycle internship (start between February – May) until 5 March.
If you are the student we are looking for, please apply online and convince us that you are the right intern for our M&A and/or ECM department
Submit your CV, cover letter and transcripts of university grades on our website: Rabobank.nl/werken by clicking on the Apply Now button.
Make sure to include the exact time span in which you are available in your cover letter and also indicate the department you would prefer for your internship.
- You can expect a response to your application as soon as possible but no later than within 10 working days
- If you pass our first selection round we will invite you for an online assessment
- After passing the online assessment we will invite you over for interviews at our headquarters in Utrecht
- All interviews for our Summer internship positions will take place in February 2017.
In the Netherlands it is legally required to be enrolled at a University during your whole internship period.
Please be advised to apply well in advance due to potential limited availability.
* Source: Thomson Reuters; ranking from Q1 2010 until Q1 2016 including deals under the Rabobank-Rothschild cooperation.
** Source: Thomson Reuters, ranking from Q1 2010 until Q1 2016 including deals under the Rabobank-Rothschild cooperation.