Internship: Financial Markets
- Full time
Are you an ambitious, hardworking student with a strong interest in Financial Markets who successfully completed their bachelor and are currently enrolled in a master’s programme? Then the Rabobank is looking for you!
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work for 3 months in the challenging and dynamic environment of Financial Markets based at Rabobank’s headquarters in Utrecht. You will work at one of our teams at Debt Capital Markets, Interest Rate Derivatives Trading or Treasury Sales, allowing you to gain hands-on experience in Financial Markets.
In addition to your main rotation you will also gain exposure at different teams within Financial Markets during various 1-day rotations.
During your internship you will receive a week long in-depth training ‘Introduction to Financial Markets’. The programme serves as an introduction to the practical aspects of financial markets and some of its more complicated products.
You are an ambitious, hardworking student with a strong interest in Financial Markets. You successfully completed your bachelor and are currently enrolled in a master’s programme. In addition to that you recognize yourself in the following;
- History of excellent academic performance
- High level of numeracy
- Strong/excellent communication skills; fluent in English is prerequisite
- Clear customer focus and proven entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to be self-starting
- Team player
Still here? Good. You are the kind of candidate we want!
What we offer
This will be the perfect opportunity for you to experience the whole scope of Financial Markets. We offer an inspiring work environment with enthusiastic professionals. The culture is characterized by entrepreneurship, personal development and ambition.
- A competitive internship allowance
- Successful candidates will be considered for any suitable and available permanent opportunities within Financial Markets upon successful completion of their internship.
If you are the student we are looking for, please apply online and convince us that you are the right intern for Rabobank Financial Markets. Submit your CV, cover letter and transcripts of university grades on our website. Please also indicate the department you would prefer for your internship and the timespan you will be available.
- You can expect a response to your application as soon as possible but no later than within 10 working days
- If you pass our first selection round we will invite you for an online assessment
- After passing the online assessment we will invite you over for interviews at our headquarters in Utrecht
Financial Markets is part of Rabobank’s wholesale operation and enables clients to hedge their credit, interest rate, FX and commodity risks, optimise their balance sheets, and raise funding in bond and equity markets. With a global presence Markets serves a wide range of clients from across the globe, from medium-sized businesses to the largest corporates in the world.
- Debt Capital Markets (DCM)
DCM provides long-term funding solutions for corporates and financial institutions in both public and private markets. The DCM teams help clients raise funding in a wide variety of instruments, ranging from a straight Bond or Loan to bespoke Private Placements or Asset Backed solutions.
- Corporate Bond Origination
- Loan Syndication
- Financial Institution Group Origination
- Alternative Credit
- Interest Rate Derivatives Trading
An interest rate hedge of a client results in an open position for Rabobank. It is the responsibility of the Interest Rate Derivatives Trading desk to handle these positions and pass through these risks towards the Financial Markets at the best possible rates.
- Treasury Sales Mid Corporates, Large Corporates, Financial Institutions
Treasury Sales is lined up to discuss and hedge interest rate, FX and commodity risks for corporate clients and financial institutions. Client needs depend on size, nature and hedging strategy of the business.
If you have any questions, please contact Eelke Janssen, Corporate Recruiter, +31 6 228 63 211. Please include the title of the internship 'Internship Financial Markets’.